Start Sailing (adults & teens)
Your Sailing journey starts here as you learn the fundamental skills of sailing and are introduced to the fun of dinghy sailing in a safe and supportive environment. We aim to make every course as informative and fun as possible, we love what we do and we are sure you will too. Not only do you get to enjoy the thrill of being on the beautiful Keppel Bay waters but this is also a great opportunity to meet new people and have a blast while doing it.
Some things that you will learn in this course:
- Basic clothing and equipment requirements
- Sailing terminology
- How to Launch and recover a boat
- How to recover from a capsize
- How to Rig a boat
- Sailing a triangular course
- Basic sailing Rules and Theory
Start Sailing 1 Courses at the Keppel Bay Sailing club are run over one full weekend weekend.
- 12hrs tuition with experienced and nationally qualified Australian sailing instructors
- Australian Sailing logbook
- Boat and PFD provided
- Complimentary Sailing membership for the remainder of the financial year
- 3 session pass to attend Sunday morning discover sailing sessions after course completion, valued at $45