About UsA brief history of the club
History of Keppel Bay Sailing Club
Established in 1957, Keppel Bay Sailing Club began with a group of dedicated sailors and volunteers who had a passion for sailing and for the community in which they lived. In 1961, the members agreed it was time to establish a permanent clubhouse and were offered the old skate rink and dance hall, formally located on the existing Clubhouse site.
It was the same year KBSC formed links with Yeppoon Bowls Club to raise funds together to benefit both organisations.
It was to be a synergy that came full circle 45 years later when KBSC purchased the bowls club.
Today, KBSC operates from four venues, The Clubhouse, The Spinnaker, Krackers Bar & Grill plus Club Emu Park, while supporting the sports of Sailing and Bowls.
Boasting 14,000 members, Keppel Bay Sailing Club is a not for profit organisation that employs over 100 staff from the local area. The club annually contributes in excess of $53,720 to charitable/welfare organisations, $37,083 in community cash, makes $209,507 in community donations, donates $176,819 in cash for sport and recreation and donates $122,040 to sport and recreation.
To this day the original ethos of the club has remained the same. To pursue engaging more people in more outdoor recreation more often and to support the Capricorn Coast community with a strong commitment to youth initiatives.
Our 5 great venues
Keppel Bay Sailing Club offers Central Queensland four great venues to eat, drink and play plus training and sailing facilities for members to enjoy. Within these venues is a range of options for function areas including the Commodore Space, The Bilge Bar, Krackers Bar & Grill, Club Emu Park plus The Spinnaker and Clubhouse decks. Each venue offers its own dining options for lunch and dinner plus The Spinnaker, Club Emu Park and Krackers each feature a gaming lounge. The Spinnaker kids play room is great fun making it a perfect venue for everyone.