Out There Program
DESIGNED FOR TEENS
OutThere Sailing is the ideal way to have fun and get active on the water. This pilot program is aimed at 12-17 year olds who would like to try sailing, windsurfing, paddle boarding and powerboating. The aim of the program is to have fun, spend time with friends and learn new skills. All OutThere Sailing programs are delivered by qualified Australian Sailing Instructors.
OutThere Sailing is open to all experience levels from complete beginners through to those who have experience. There is no limit to the amount of sessions you can do and our Instructors will track your progress throughout your journey. Following on from this program participants may wish to undertake a learn to sail or learn to windsurf program.
Scroll down to see available course dates and to enrol
Some things that you will learn in this course:
- Basic clothing and equipment requirements
- Sailing terminology
- How to Launch and recover a boat/ windsurfer
- How to recover from a capsize
- How to Rig a boat/ windsurfer
- Basic Paddle Boarding techniques
- Basic Powerboat handling
As this program entails many different activities we conduct sessions at different locations, your instructor will give you notice on where to meet before each session.
- 15hrs tuition with experienced and nationally qualified Australian sailing instructors
- All equipment and PFD provided
- Complimentary Sailing membership for the remainder of the financial year
- Lunch provided for courses run during school holidays
Registering for a course is easy simply click the links below when a course is available or for other payment options Contact using the form above